Fancy winning a trip to Spain? how about having your every own tapa creation feature on an award winning menu? If that sounds appealing, then get entering the Cava Bodega competition and enjoy #TAPASLIFE
Cava Bodega, the hugely popular tapas restaurant in Galway city have recently launched a competition which will see three finalists have their tapa creation featured on the restaurant’s specials menu for a week. The entry which attracts the most orders from customers will result in the creator winning a trip for two to Spain and having their creation featured on the next Cava Bodega menu.
To enter, all you need to do is create a tapa and post the recipe with the hashtag #TapasLife to either Twitter or Facebook.
Here is an example of a simple but exceedingly tasty chorizo tapa. Be as daring as you wish..
4 medium sized cooking chorizo sausages (cooking chorizo is softer than the hard cured variety)
400ml Oloroso sherry
100ml olive oil
1. Slice the chorizo sausages into bite sized pieces.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large pan and when its hot add the chorizo.
3. Fry the chorizo on both sides until nicely brown on both sides.
It may go a bit black. This is fine.
4. Add the sherry and bring it to the boil.
5. Lower the heat and allow the sherry to simmer for at least 5
6. Serve the warm chorizo and sherry in four terracotta dishes.
For more details on how to enter the competition see : Win a Trip To Spain by Creating Your Own Tapa: