Love creative communications? Love learning about new cool places to eat and what chefs are making an impact? Want to be an integral part of an ambitious and growing team that makes a difference to food culture in Ireland and internationally? Your dream job is here!
Our clients include superstar chefs and celebrity restaurateurs Dylan McGrath, JP McMahon and Andy McFadden. High profile award winning restaurants Greenes in Cork, Aniar in Galway, Glover Alley by Andy McFadden. Exciting consumer food brands and much loved food chains such as Esquires Coffee Ireland. Plus we are the communication partner for ground-breaking food events and movements like Food On The Edge.
PR Account Manager
If this sounds like your dream agency, here is our dream candidate:
- You are a creative, self-motivated person with a passion for all things PR and social and digital. Reporting directly to Agency Owner, depending on experience, your role will develop to take on responsibility or creating, implementing and reporting on clients accounts.
- You will also be assisting on the day to day management of larger accounts with PR Director on planning and strategy.
We are looking for an Account Manager that has experience and responsibility in running accounts for clients with a passion for food and consumer, or a Senior PR Executive who is ready for the next move in their career to account management.
You must be very online savvy and a keen eye for design, content creation and how offline campaigns can be creatively developed into kick ass online campaigns.
- Contributing on a strategy level to client comms plans
- Adding creative input and knowing trends in comms and how they can enhance client work.
- Usual day to day PR activities such as acting as media relations assisting officer for our portfolio of clients.
- Research, draft and distribute PR materials (press releases, interview pitches, photo-call notices).
- Liaising with national, local and specialist food media to maximise media coverage.
- Managing Media Monitoring platform for client exposure and billing and keeping abreast of relevant news/developments.
- Compilation of End of Month/Quarter reports and demonstrating KPIs.
- Writing photography briefs and working closely with photographers to coordinate photo shoots.
- A BA Hons Degree in Journalism or English with Postgrad in PR or Comms
- 3/4 years agency or in-house experience with 2 years at Senior Account Executive / PR Account Manager level.
- Excellent software skills in project management, basic design all things Google Apps.
- Proven writing skills – for online and offline.
- Excellent reporting and time management skills. You need to take joy in developing impressive reports.
- Hard working and ambitious with a passion for developing your career. Self-motivated with a positive, friendly attitude. Creative, ability to develop newsworthy and innovative concepts for clients’ offering. Insightful and sensitive to how media work.
- Excellent knowledge on the Irish, UK and international food and consumer media landscape
- Ability to work on own initiative and set priorities.
Food PR HQ is based in the vibrant and colourful Galway City. Our city centre offices are large, bright, inspiring with everything on our doorstep. Our clients are based throughout the country and travel may be required.
Start date: March 2018 If you want to have a fun, creative, challenging and delicious PR career then join us. Please apply, in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org